- ❝ I thought it was Legion of Dildos ❞
- — Poison Ivy
The Legion of Doom (L.O.D. for short) is a group of professional "A-list" supervillains. Initially believed to have been assembled by the Joker, it's later revealed that the organization is far more extensive with that just being the Gotham Branch and is led by Lex Luthor.
Not to confused with the sex shop named Legion of Dildos.
The Legion of Doom was a team of the world's leading supervillains. They worked together to commit crimes, take on superheroes, and host parties such as the bar-mitzvah for Joshua Cobblepot.
While they are evil they do not tolerate misogyny and have been known to make televised PR statements as seen in "So You Need a Crew?" when Doctor Psycho gets kicked from the group after calling Wonder Woman and Giganta which "does not represent [their] brand of evil".
In "You're a Damn Good Cop, Jim Gordon", KGBeast was nominated for a spot on the Legion of Doom. In "L.O.D.R.S.V.P.", Harley Quinn received a nomination as well although Poison Ivy soon discovered that was just part of Lex Luthor's plan to get Ivy to join, saying he would only elect Harley if Poison Ivy joined as well. Despite refusing, Harley was chosen over KGBeast.
Joker blew up the Legion of Doom headquarters in "Devil's Snare" and had his Joker's Tower rise from the ground in its place. Joker talks about the Legion like it's been destroyed, but no bodies are shown or specific deaths confirmed, so any number of the Legion's members could have survived or just been out of the building at the time.
- Black Adam
- Black Manta
- Captain Cold
- The Joker (traitor)
- Solomon Grundy
- All of them are completely open about their villainy.
- The Legion of Doom has frequently propositioned Poison Ivy to join them but she rejected their invitations 148 times.
- The higher-ups in the Legion display some pretty sexist behavior, as the scarcity of female supervillains in their ranks can attest to, yet apparently, Doctor Psycho saying the C-word is the line they're not willing to cross.
- In this show, being a supervillain is like a career path, and the Legion is a fancy big-time corporation that villains aspire to join. They have meetings to discuss evil plans, have a pool of henchmen they can request or be loaned out for schemes, and even have a coffee lounge where they gossip like co-workers.